1. You'll need a digital wallet to bid. If you haven't got one already, MetaMask is one of web3's most popular and user-friendly wallets.
2. While mobile is possible, for the best experience we recommend connecting via a desktop browser using your chosen wallet's browser extension (such as Metamask or Coinbase).
3. Click 'Connect Wallet' at the top right of the page and follow the instructions.
4. If you haven't set up a Christie's 3.0 account yet, you'll be prompted to do so at this point by entering your details. Christie's 3.0 will then verify your account, which may take up to 24 hours. If you’re already a Christie’s client, you’ll be able to bid without further identity verification. If not, we'll email you to request some additional documents to verify your identity.
5. Once verified, you can connect your wallet and start bidding.
6. Make sure your digital wallet has Ether (ETH) — the accepted currency on Christie's 3.0. You can buy ETH in MetaMask, or deposit it from elsewhere.
7. On the lot page, click the 'Place bid' button and enter your bid amount in ETH. Please note, the exact amount that you enter will be bid immediately and cannot be cancelled once submitted.
8. Press 'Submit bid' and confirm the transaction in your wallet. This may take up to one minute, depending on blockchain traffic.
9. A confirmation message will show that you're the highest bidder. We will notify you if you're outbid, or if you win the lot. If a bid is placed within 10 minutes of the closing time of a lot, the time remaining will extend to 10 minutes.